project G:Research page18-11-2011
On this part of the website you will find more information about the research conducted for this project. User behavior, materials and references are some of the topics.
In the Orange Lecture hall several seating arrangements were set up to see the response from people. The users were able to adapt to the experiment to suite their demands. The set ups varried from comfortable to obstructive seating layouts.
- Bigger effort made to have a comfortable seat.
- Diverse arangement of spaces, caters for larger user group.
- People sit closer to their point of interest.
- Person will adapt to given situation.
- People only change elements when necessary.
- Difficulties changing elements embarrass people.
During the investigation for this project we ran in to this precedent. In this project of MIT two pixelated layers were placed on top of each other. All of these pistons are able to move up and down to create space or a landscape.
This project has some comparable properties with this project so let's see what are the quality's of this project and what we might learn out of this precedent.
for more information on this project: SPARC on ArchDaily
For more research we refer you to ouer Atom page.