project G:Research phase 2
For the mechanics Several principles have been tested. Also different motors have been looked at. At project_G:Different_systems there is a conclusion about this research.
In this project of MIT, two pixelated layers are placed on top of each other. Pistons within the structure of the blocks are able to move up and down. This controls the height of the blocks.
This project follows the same theme of 'pixelation'. For the intervention of Atom07 in the park, there is a need to have both indoor and outdoor spaces. This led to the development of a new system, where the mechanism of the block units are placed inside of the box. See system page for more details.
for more information on this project: 
Bouwpub and Orange Room Analysis
In the Orange Lecture hall several seating arrangements were set up to see the response from people. The users were able to adapt to the experiment to suite their demands. The set ups varied from comfortable to obstructive seating layouts.
- Bigger effort made to have a comfortable seat
- Diverse arrangement of spaces, caters for larger user group
- People sit closer to their point of interest
- Person will adapt to given situation
- People only change elements when necessary
- Difficulties changing elements embarrass people
A study looking at properties of different materials
For more research refer to Atom page.