Heleen Bothof, Luz Architects
3 main actors influence the site: Housing corporation (DUWO), TU Delft and local inhabitants. Each group have their own vision and preference with how the space should be developed.
We are now arranging through Heleen to meet ecologists and local inhabitants to discuss the possibilities for the site.
- More green m2 per occupant instead of less
- Quality of living environment: Space for meeting, play and exercise
- Preserving ecosystems:Natural green
- Preserving historic structures:Coherent set of buildings as objects interspersed with gardens and parks
- To maintain: a space between buildings open character of the buildings to each other so you can see.
- Student Apartments: Loose blocks of 4 storeys high
- Green hills reduce impact on landscape
- Spatial structure: Routes and visibility along the block
- Parking: Parking garage with green roof, Car-free zone
- Ecological zone: Can expand between buildings
- Water: Open water also to collect rainwater from buildings
- Recreational Schiekade: Attractive green area; Meet, play and exercise
- 100 dwellings in 5 layers (Mijnbouwhof); 400 dwellings in 19 layers or; 300 dwellings in 14 layers or; 200 dwellings in 9 layers
- Spatial structure: Wall on Schie side, open internal area
_ Parking: Parking garage with green roof
- Area = car-free zone
- Ecological zone: Extra space for ecological zone
- Water: Extra space for open water; Water connection becomes quality
- Recreational Schiekade: Attractive green area (boulevard with catering); Meet, play and exercise takes place more in the area itself, water playgrounds and nature recreaction
Meeting: Maziar Afrassiabi, Urban Sociologist
We will study a range of rhythms around the site; physical movement, knowledge transfer and social and economic flows. This will give the site a context which can be used to define where and how our intervention will form and what activities it should encourage.